Using the cleverbridge platform, it is possible to create the following URL types:
In the cleverbridge platform, destination URLs are checkout page links in which all parameters are visible and unprotected. Destination URLs are generic and, therefore, can be used by any user.
- Can be easily built and deconstructed in the Commerce Assistant.
- Can be manually built.
- Are not protected, and all parameters can be seen and altered by the customer.
Display URLs are order URLs that you can design and maintain in the Commerce Assistant for long-term use on your websites. You can set up display URLs using the Saved Links portal and the the MVTMultivariate testing (MVT) is a technique for testing two or more different variables in the checkout process to determine which variable creates more revenue or a higher conversion rate. Campaign portal. You can also use Display URLs as the base for Session URLs, Protected URLs, and Dynamic Protected URLs.
- Can be customized to display specific information, including customer-friendly information.
- Can be used as a base URL that directs to many other URLs.
- Can be easily updated at any time.
Parameters can be masked and URL can be shortened.
An important best practice is to use a display URL on your website with an underlying destination URL. See Best Practice: Use Display URLs.
- MVT campaigns cannot be spontaneously generated.
- There is no API for the creation of display URLs.
- You want an MVT campaign using URL candidates from specific customer audiences. For example, you want to test order page behavior using opt-in vs. opt-out with set prices for a specific region. One link will display on your website for that particular campaign which will select different candidates who have different criteria.
- You create an MVT campaign using URL candidates that define the customer audience using different recommendation parameters with different weights, which systematically route traffic.
- You are a new client and want to take shopping URLs online and maintain a small list of URLs (e.g. 50). In the Saved Links area, links can be customized, easily activated and deactivated, and converted to MVT campaigns.
Do not use protected URLs (UURLs) if you plan on creating a large quantity of URLs (10,000 or more). This can hurt the cleverbridge platform and slow down your customers' checkout experience. If you plan on creating a large quantity of URLs, you should use session URLs (SURLs) or dynamic protected URLs (dynamic UURLs). For more information, contact Client Experience.
Protected URLs mask parameters such as dynamic products, confidential products, and customer profile data. You can set up protected URLs in the Link Generator in the Commerce Assistant, or you can use the URL Generator API.
- Can be limited to a pre-determined number of orders.
- Can expire after a pre-determined time period.
Are not intended to be used in large quantities. If you plan on creating more than 10,000, you should opt for a different URL type.
If you want to protect your URLs, and you do not need to mask your parameters, cleverbridge recommends creating dynamic protected URLs. Dynamic protected URLs offer the same flexibility as protected URLs but are not limited in terms of the number that you can produce. For more information, contact Client Experience.
- You want to generate 100 URLs that expire on a particular date, and thus are available for a limited time only.
- You want to send a newsletter with a limited-time offer.
Session URLs mask parameters such as dynamic products, confidential products, and customer profile data. They are limited to one user and can only be used once, regardless of whether or not the user completes the purchase. If they are not used, they auto-expire after 72 hours.
- Are generated using a database that is always available and does not have to be cached. There is no need to update any other servers because the database expunges any data older than 72 hours.
- Support single sign-on (SSO) and pre-populated checkout processes.
- Are not suitable for newsletters or email campaigns because of the 72-hour time frame. After all, you cannot be sure that customers will do anything during this period.
- Are only generated for one customer and one order and can cause high server traffic.
- Can only be created using an API.
- You want to use dynamic products and do not want customers to see details in the URLs.
- You want to use an API to generate the SURLs "on-demand" during the online order process.
- You want to use single sign-on (SSO).
- You want to pre-populate the checkout process using your CRM system in combination with the URL Generator API and previously collected customer data. These URLs are only generated on request and use a script which you develop.
Dynamic Protected URLs are unique order URLs with client-specific, configurable conditions. They are meant for a purchase in a specific time frame and can only be used for a defined number of purchases. As a result, dynamic protected URLs combine the configurable parameters of a session URL and the time frame definition of protected URLs.
- Have the configurable parameters of a session URL.
- Have the time frame definition of protected URLs.
- Can be used for over 10,000 links.
- No need to pre-announce URLs with additional API calls to cleverbridge.
- Parameters in the URLs are readable by customers.
- You want to produce 10,000 customized URLs for a promotional campaign. After the campaign is over, the URLs expire on a particular date.
- You want to produce URLs for an unlimited number of orders that have a scheduled expiration date.
- You want to test or set up different designs for different web pages. For example, you may want to have different displays for different regions.
- You want to send a URL, with dynamic price parameters, and one or more of the following properties:
- The URL should be protected. However, each parameter should not be protected separately.
- The URL should expire in 1 month.
- The URL should to be valid for only one transaction.
- The URL should be valid for a particular customer.
The URL should pre-populate the customer's data using SSO. For more information about this property, contact Client Experience.