Subscriptions & Recurring Billing
- Free trials can now be combined with collecting payment information, streamlining the efficiency of subscription programs that wish to automate a charge at the end of a free trial period. For more information, see Set Up a Free Trial Period for a Subscription.
- You can now align the intervals of subscriptions (also known as coterming) with our APIs. This enables customers to upgrade or extend their existing subscription and increases their lifetime value. Your business will realize immediate revenue. For more information, see Alignment Settings.
- Evaluated the sales tax configuration for subscriptions when renewed or upgraded.
- The Get Subscription API function now returns any promotional coupon codes applied to the subscription. For more information, see Get Subscription.
- Any coupon code assigned to a subscription remains with that subscription when a customer updates to their subscription terms.
- Multiple subscription itemA subscription item is component of a subscription with its own set of attributes including price, description and feature set. updates with the same data no longer lead to inconsistencies.
- On pages where a customer is allowed to trigger a manual renewal of a subscription, some customers could unintentionally trigger two renewals at the same time. This is now prevented.
- A full refund for an order, which already received a partial refund, is now processed successfully.
- The Update Subscription Item API function now maintains the coupon code assigned to a subscription. For more information, see Update Subscription Item.
- Enhanced customer experience when a subscription is reinstated after a certain period of time.
- When subscriptions are renewed or upgraded, the sales tax configuration is now evaluated.
APIs & Integration
- Extended our server storage cluster to support the soon-to-be-released GraphQL (Graph query language) for APIs. This will enable you to pull the exact data you need from our web server and nothing more. It will allow for a very flexible and easy integration of backend-to-backend systems, as well as to dynamically enhance client web pages with data from cleverbridge (for example product pricing, tax information).
- Enhanced security for the automated notifications, which send transactional information, by adding advanced encryption and certificate management in the Commerce Assistant.
- Created a new API Reference for our REST APIs on https://developer.cleverbridge.com. This includes support for interactive "Try it" API calls that make it possible to experience our API functionality before making calls in your production data.
- Now possible to set a default payment method for transactions submitted via our API. This default payment method will be applied when a complete payment profile is not available, contributing to the success rate.
- SAML documents can now be logged. This is useful for further debugging of single sign-on (SSO) integrations based on SAML.
- Corrected issue when updating the
CompanyTypeIdvia the API.
Commerce Assistant & Business Intelligence
- Improved performance when running complex, full customer data searches in the Commerce Assistant.
- Zip codes are now validated when you change customer data in the Commerce Assistant. This only applies to zip codes required to make a sales tax calculation.
- First name and last name are no longer required for a customer contact in the Purchase Viewer when a company name is required.
- Now possible to schedule cross-table reports in the Business Intelligence.
- Extended Commerce Assistant log file messages to capture errors and exceptions.
- Sample bookmarks are now automatically updated in the Business Intelligence. You will automatically have access to new reports when they are available.
- Now possible to store a simple report as a cross-table report in the Business Intelligence.
- The Product Importer now combines subscription pricing and volume discounts successfully in the Commerce Assistant.
- Data accuracy is validated before data is included in scheduled reports. This ensures that reports contain relevant information to your business.
Checkout & Signup Process
- Implemented new QA Automation tool for checkout pages that reduces the possibility of human error and the time-to-market.
- Improved the logic that determines the place of supply of an order. While still being fully tax compliant, this change improves the customer experience if inconsistent country information is given based on GeoIP and customer input.
- You can now designate a default candidate when manually routing candidates during multivariate tests. This prevents loss of revenue.
- Certain combinations of currency & payment methods can now be restricted for clients and countries.
- A prebuilt selection of high-performing catalog templates are now available for increasing your AOV and acquiring new customers. These templates support multi-level categories, promotions, cross-sells, and product searches.
- Now possible to improve the customer experience and conversion rate of your checkout flow by removing an additional page if the customer is subject to sales tax.
- Engage with new customers that started an order and then left the checkout process with cart abandonment email campaigns.
- Additional backend data is now provided for templates, reducing the time-to-market for delivering checkout pages.
- Customers from India and the UAE are now required to specify a state in the checkout process. This increases the compliance of our invoices. For more information, see the updated Schema Definitions for Notifications.
- It is now possible to block customers based on GeoIP information on a client and product basis.
- Improved experience for Japanese customers when completing forms. The form field format does not cause the company name to be repeated.
- For single sign-on (SSO) integrations based on SAML, inputting an invalid zip code no longer sends an immediate data warning to the customer.
- The correct address is now billed when a customer enters a new address in PayPal using the PayPal Express flow.
- If PayPal Express is used, there is a better user experience when the sales tax calculation changes on the checkout page.
- Expanded support for Asian characters on labels of backup DVDs/CDs.
Payments & Transactions
- We’ve established data extraction routines to support collaboration with payment experts. This significantly improves optimization of authorization rates for initial purchases and renewals.
- A secondary provider has been implemented for European Direct Debit (SEPA), increasing redundancy in our payment processing.
- It’s now possible to gain more insight into crucial business KPIs for involuntary churn. These reports are based on data collected from the success of our advanced retry logic, expiration date checker, and account updater.
- Improved wire transfer instructions for international customers through our backup provider, thereby increasing the availability, stability, and redundancy of our payment processing.
- Reworked the handling of decimal amounts for the Chilean Peso (CLP).
- Optimized fallback behavior when a customer cancels the PayPal Billing Agreement for an existing account or subscription. This contributes to your overall renewal rate.
- Added the possibility to process PayPal or PayPal Express accounts through a backup provider. This increases the availability and stability of our payment processing.
- Extended the real-time verification of direct debit bank account information, thereby increasing the conversion rate.
For more information about the new features and enhancements, contact Client Experience.